Elliptical Cross Trainers have become a rage among the fitness enthusiasts as they’re considered great for full body workout at home as well as at the gym centers.
Probably, the main reason behind their increasing popularity is their health benefits.
Yes, unlike the running treadmills, these elliptical cross trainers don’t put unnecessary pressure or stress on your joints, thus making it the best exercise equipment, especially for people with joint pains or elderly ones who wanted to lose weight or get fit.
Similar to the stationary exercise bikes, the elliptical trainers have seen a huge increases in their growth from 1.1 million users to 6.7 million in the past 5 years, which is approximately 158% hike.
So, if you’re concerned about injuries or joint pains but still wanted to reap the benefits of walking or running at the comfort of your home, then investing in the best elliptical trainer is a wise decision (see the buying guide).
The benefits of elliptical trainer include weight loss, muscle building, bone density, metabolic boosting, natural toning and healthy body.
Top 10 Best Elliptical Trainers in India 2019
|Elliptical Machine||Resistance||Flywheel||Ideal for||Rating|
|1.Schwinn 430||20 Levels||high speed high inertia perimeter weighted||Commercial Use; Gym|
|2.Afton FX400||20; Magnetic||10.5kg||Commercial Use; Gym|
|3.Xterra FS5.3e||20 Levels||8.6kg||Athletes|
|4.Kettler Cross P||16; Magnetic||14kg||Advanced; Home Use|
|5.Proline Fitness 335E||8; Manual||5kg||Home Use|
|6.Welcare WC6044||8; Magnetic||4kg||Home Use|
|7.Cockatoo CE-02||8; Magnetic||4kg||Home Use|
|8.Allyson Fitness 4 in 1||Manual||–||Beginners; Home Use|
|9.Cockatoo OB-04||Manual||–||Beginners; Home Use|
|10.Cockatoo OB-01||Manual||–||Beginners; Home Use|
Treadmill vs Elliptical Trainer vs Stationary Bike
A lot of people are still confused over which fitness equipment suits their requirement or personal needs.
And, in this guide, let us look at the differences between a treadmill, elliptical cross trainer and an exercise bike.
1.Treadmills: You have both manual and automated treadmills in the market. You can choose any model depending on your budget. The more features it has, the more pricier it is.
- Best way to increase cardiovascular strength
- Good for long-term weight loss
- Improves bone density
- Burns more calories than elliptical or bike
- Customizable workouts with incline/decline features
- Beginner-level treadmills doesn’t offer full body workout
- People with joint pains or elderly ones can’t reap the benefits
- High price
2.Exercise Bikes: Best way to simulate outdoor cycling at the comfort of your home or gym.
- Increases heart rates for effective fat burn without putting stress on your knees, ankles, feet or hips.
- Easier workout compared with treadmill or elliptical
- Less price
- Not that effective when compared with elliptical or treadmill
- Gets boring as you get used to it
3.Elliptical Cross Trainers: A mix of treadmill, stairmaster and cycling. Offers unique combination of fitness benefits without putting pressure on your knees, back, hips or joints.
- Provides both upper and lower body workouts at the same time
- Doubles as an exercise bike or stepper
- Gives 80 to 90% of results that you get through a treadmill
- Burns more calories than a stationary bike and a little less calories than a treadmill
- Good on the joints
- Reasonable price
- Not much when you look at the wider benefits compared with a running machine and cycling machine.
Premium Quality Elliptical Cross Trainers in India (above 70K)
1.Schwinn 430 Elliptical Trainer
Schwinn is a renowned elliptical trainer brand that is known for making high quality fitness equipments that are built to last long.
It comes with dual track 2 LCD windows system through which you can monitor up to 13 different display feedbacks.
There are 22 different programs, 2 user settings and multiple goal tracking options in the machine.
Thanks to the 20 levels of resistance aligned wheels, the cross trainer machine workouts smooth and silent.
It comes with a charging USB port and data exchange feature.
- Ideal for full body workout
- Dual track 2 LCD display
- Shows speed, time, distance, calories
- 22 different workout programs
- 2 user profiles
- 20 levels of eddy current resistance
- Built-in speakers & cooling fan
- Smooth and silent operation
- Weight: 82.6 kgs
2.Afton Cardio Fitness Elliptical Trainer (FX400)
Afton is one of the best exercise equipment brands in India that produce best quality products with durability and power.
The FX400 elliptical cross trainer is aimed at high level fitness enthusiasts or athletes.
It comes with 20 different magnetic resistance levels to test the users fitness levels.
You can monitor your heart rate using the built-in HR sensor (telemetry grip and chest belet).
It has manual incline ramp of up to 15 to 30 degrees.
There are 10 motivational program settings such as manual, hill, cardio, strength, fatburn, interval, 2x user, 2 x HR controlled menu options.
- Magnetic Resistance: 1 to 20 levels
- Manual incline – 15 to 30 degrees
- 10 program settings
- Backlit LCD display
- Tracks calories, distance, time, heart rate, body fat etc…
- Built-in speakers with mp3/ipod connectivity
- Cooling fan
- 10.5 Kg balance flywheel
- Hand pulse grips & chest belt
- Transport wheels for moving from one place to another
3.Xterra FS5.3e Steel Elliptical Cross Trainer
If you’re looking for one of the best elliptical trainers for commercial purpose (GYM center), then the FS5.3e is just for you.
It comes with plethora of fitness options without compromising on the space.
It has a 8.5 kg flywheel and extra large 20-inch ellipse motion.
It sports a 5.5 inch console that displays time, speed, distance, calories, pulse and scan. It supports resistance levels up to 20.
The design is ergonomic and you don’t feel the pressure on your knees or ankles while doing the workouts.
The dual-action handlebars keep your wrist from hurting by letting them stay in a neutral position.
- Resistance Levels: 1-20
- 5.5″ Console Display
- Shows speed, time, pulse, distance, calorie and scan
- Extra large 20 inch ellipse motion
- 8.6 Kgs flywheel
- Dual-action handlebars
- Ideal for commercial purpose or suitable for athletes
4.Kettler Cross P Cross Trainer or Elliptical Cross Trainer
All the above three elliptical cross trainer machines are priced around Rs.80000 and are suitable for commercial purposes.
But, this Kettler P Cross Trainer has all the features of a premium fitness equipment machine but comes at a reasonable price tag of around Rs.45000.
So, if you’re looking for a GYM like experience at home, then you can go for it without any second thoughts.
It sports a LCD display that tracks time, speed, calories, RPM and pulse.
It comes with a magnetic resistance of up to 16 levels and has a 14kg flywheel.
There are hand pulse sensors and chest strap to measure the heart rate on the go.
- Affordable High end crossfit trainer
- LCD display
- Shows time, speed, distance, calorie, RPM and pulse
- Magnetic resistance: 16 Levels
- Magnetic brake system
- 14 kg flywheel
- Heart rate sensor or chest strap
- Perspiration-resistant keys
- Adjustable treads
Best Elliptical Cross Trainers in India under 20000
5.Proline Fitness 335E Elliptical Trainer
Proline Fitness is a well-known elliptical cross trainer brand in India and abroad with a lineup of products in all the fitness categories.
The 335E elliptical trainer machine comes with 6 different functions and a small rectangular display that shows time, distance, calories etc…
It supports up to 8 levels of manual tension and has a 5kg flywheel.
It features true elliptical motion technology that reduces stress on the joints. It also comes with large non-skid pedals for longer workouts.
There are wheels for easy transportation of the machine from one room to another.
- 6 workout functions
- Outer magnetic resistance
- Manual tension: 8 levels
- 5kg flywheel
- Hand Pulse sensors
- Large non-skid pedals
- True elliptical motion to reduce stress on joints
- Transportation wheels
Best Elliptical Trainer for Home Use under 15000
6.Welcare Elliptical Cross Trainer WC6044
Welcare is India’s one of the most trusted fitness equipment brands with 4 to 5 star ratings across all the social platforms.
The WC6044 sports a large 16 inch screen LCD console that displays calories, distance, time, scan, heart rate etc..
It comes with an adjustable seat to suit your workouts. The bigger stride length gives your smooth workout experience and also reduces stress on your knees and ankles.
The 4kg flywheel helps increase the momentum of your speed and enhances your workout efforts.
- 16 inch large LCD console
- Manual Magnetic Resistance: 8 levels
- Displays time, calories, distance, pulse etc…
- 4kg flywheel
- Bigger stride length
- Oversized pedals (non-skid)
- Hand pulse sensors on handrails
- Adjustable seat
7.Cockatoo CE-02 Smart Series Elliptical Trainer with Manual Tension Exercise Bike
The CE-02 is an advanced elliptical trainer with manual tension of up to 8 levels.
It sports a 5.5 inch display that shows speed, time, distance, calories, pulse, ODO etc…
There is a 4kg flywheel and 2 way bearing for best workout sessions.
This machine targets both upper and lower body and is perfect for those who’re not able to go out and jog due to knee or joint problems.
The hand pulse sensors help track your steady heart rate whenever you need.
The machine incorporates transportation wheels for easy mobility.
- 5.5 inch LCD display
- Shows speed, time, distance, calories, pulse, ODO
- Manual magnetic resistance: 8 levels
- Multiple program functions
- Built-in hand pulse sensors
- 4kg flywheel and 2 way bearing
- Anti-skid pads & foot pads
- Phone & tablet holder
- Easy transportation wheels
Best Elliptical Cross Trainer for Home under 10000
8.Allyson Fitness 4 in 1 Orbitrek With Seat and Pulse Stand
This is one of the best and most affordable dual-action cross trainers in India with adjustable seat and pulse.
The machine can transform into either an elliptical cross trainer or a dedicated exercise bike based on your requirement.
It can be used by any individual including those with joint issues or elderly people.
Just 10 minutes of workout on this machine is equal to 300 times of walking for 10 minutes.
This all-in-one elliptical machine targets arms, chest, shoulders, chest, abdomen, back and thigh muscles and hence is highly recommended by most doctors.
When you switch the turn & burn resistance option, you could easily burn 830 calories in 1 hour.
It also comes with easy-glide-wheels to move it from one place to another in your home.
- All-in-one body workout machine – cycling, arm rowing, stepping
- Digital meter shows speed, distance, time, calories
- Targets both upper & lower body muscle groups
- Turn & Burn Resistance: Burn 820 cal in 1 hour
- Adjustable Resistance knob
- Handlebar and Seat Height Adjustment
- Easy-Glide- Wheels
9.Cockatoo OB-04 Cross Trainer Exercise Bike With Twister
The Cockatoo OB-04 cross trainer is an excellent buy for the value it offers. It suits all individual types despite their age and condition.
This 2-in-1 elliptical trainer with aerobic twister is ideal for full body workouts.
It sports a digital display that shows elapsed time, speed, distance covered, calories burned etc..
It has a 4-way seat adjustment feature that makes it more comfortable to use for efficient workout.
The design is sturdy and attractive and come in a steel frame design.
It is recommended for people who had less space at home but want an all-in-one exercise machine setup.
- Digital display
- Shows time, distance, calories, speed
- Sturdy design; comes in steel frame
- 2-in-1 elliptical trainer with a twister
- Adjustable seat
- Suitable for full body workouts
- Compact in size
10.Cockatoo OB-01 Multi-Function Elliptical Trainer cum Exercise Bike
The Cockatoo OB-01 is a compact multi-function elliptical trainer with adjustable strap tension and workout computer.
It comes with a digital LCD display that shows distance, calories, elapsed time and speed.
The dual-action workout arms provide good workout for your upper body while the pedals give you good workout for your lower body.
It comes with large pedals with ridges & natural elliptical motion to prevent foot slippage and reduce stress on the joints.
- Compact elliptical trainer with seat
- Digital LCD display
- Shows time, cal, speed, distance
- Dual-action workout arms
- Large pedals
- Natural elliptical motion to reduce joint stress
- Easy tension adjustment dial
Elliptical trainers are one of the best fitness equipments for low impact cardio workouts.
And, if you don’t have time to go to a gym, then you can get one for your home and reap the benefits.
Since, most people don’t have to basic idea of how to go about buying an elliptical trainer machine, in this guide, we’ll be discussing the features you’ll need to look into before buying one.
Without good features, investing in any product is a mere waste of money.
Here are a few main features or specifications you should consider while purchasing an elliptical cross trainer in the market.
- Adjustable Resistance: The more the better
- Stride Length: It should be in proportion to your height
- Adjustable Seat: Based on your height
- Workout Arms Length
- Smooth Pedals: Pick the large ones with anti-slip pads
- Silent operation
- Transportation wheels
- Digital Display
- Heart Rate Sensor
- Flywheel: Pick the one with minimum 4 kg and upwards
- Tension Adjustment Dial: To increase or decrease the resistance manually
Since, not many people would have enough space to keep the fitness equipment, it is a deciding factor while picking up an elliptical trainer machine.
Choose a compact size with transportation wheels so that you can move it from one room to another or just keep it inside a closet while not using it.
This varies from one individual to another. The more features an elliptical trainer have, the more pricier it will be.
Normally, the prices of elliptical cross trainers start from Rs.8000 upwards to Rs.1 lakh.
So, pick the one that suits your budget and fitness goals. Don’t compromise for 1k or 2k. Pick the best elliptical cross trainer in India as it saves you a lot in the long term in terms of maintenance.