In this article, you’ll find the Reviews of Best Fitness Bands in India with pros and cons. We don’t have enough time to care about our health & fitness in this busy world. But, thanks to the latest technology, we can now track our daily activities on the go using the latest fitness bands.Yes, these Smart activity trackers help in monitoring your steps, calories burned, and distance traveled (or walked). There are some Smart bands that even monitor your sleep pattern and heart rate, thereby suggesting healthy remedies. Before getting to know about each smart band in detail, please go through the “Buying Guide” and FAQs so that you can have some basic idea on what factors to consider before purchasing the best fitness tracker in India.
The band is equipped with an optical HR sensor that has PPG (photoplethysmogram) for higher accuracy. It also supports continuous heart rate monitoring feature. The remote control camera access feature is available for Huawei smartphones with EMUI 8.1 or higher. The strap quality is also very good and feels comfortable to wear for longer periods. It comes with an easy clip-on mechanism that fits your wrist securely. It even comes with multiple holes to suit people with small hands. The Huawei TruSleep tracking technology is able to accurately monitor your sleep cycle to get insights about your sleep patterns. There is also the 6-axis accelerometer that provides the most accurate data and is said to be the best in this price segment of Rs.3000.The band 4 offers up to 20 days of battery life on a single charge. The band has got a silicone strap that is lightweight and very comfortable to wear for longer duration without even noticing it. The default strap is black in color. However, you can order straps in various colors from their official Mi store. The body is made up of aluminum alloy and feels solid.The most ideal ones are the bracelets with premium rubber material, which are firmly attached to your wrist and provide better tracking.
According to a study published in JMIR, an advanced digital health research facility, wearing fitness trackers actually increased physical activity in participants, which is very encouraging.
List of Best Fitness Bands in India
|Top 10 Smart Bands||Battery Life||Our Review|
|1.Fitbit Charge 3||7 Days||Overall Best Activity Tracker|
|2.Garmin Vivosmart 4||7 Days||Runner-Up|
|3.Mi Band 5||14 Days||Best Smart Band for All|
|4.Honor Band 5||14 Days||Feature Rich Fitness Tracker|
|5.Mi Band 4||20 Days||Medium Budget Fitness Band|
|6.Honor Band 4||6 Days||Medium Budget Fitness Tracker|
|7.Honor Band 5i||7 Days||New Entry at Budget Segment|
|8.GOQii Vital 2.0||7 Days||Only Tracker with Blood Pressure Monitor|
|9.Realme Band||10 Days||Unisex Smart Band|
|10.Noise ColorFit 2||5 Days||Best Smart Band for Women|
Note: These are not standalone Smartwatches and hence they should be paired with either an Apple or Android Smartphone in order to track the live and historical data.
Best Activity Trackers in India (under 10000)
1. Fitbit Charge 3An upgraded version of the popular activity tracker ‘Charge 3’ that comes with better and more accurate calorie burn and heart rate tracking features. It automatically records your sleep cycles – light, deep and REM and gives recommendations based on the data. The band is water resistant up to 50m and can also track your swims. The battery lasts up to 7 days with continuous access to insights and multiple tracking options. It is overall the best fitness band in India at the moment.
2. Garmin Vivosmart 4Garmin is one of the reputed brands when it comes with Sports and Fitness accessories. Their tracking algorithm is unique and their fitness trackers boasts of many advanced features like all-day stress tracking, Vo2 max, relaxation breathing timer, body battery energy monitor and more… The Garmin activity tracker helps you monitor your walks, runs, yoga, strength training, swimming sessions etc… It also supports vibration alerts for notifications like incoming calls, SMS, app alerts etc… It has advanced sleep monitoring algorithm and all-day wrist based heart rate monitor. The Garmin trackr is safe for swimming and showering. The battery lasts for up to 7 days without continuous HR.
3. Fitbit Alta HRThe Alta HR has almost similar features that the Charge HR had, but comes with a slim display when compared to the later. The SmartTrack feature allows auto exercise recognition, which means you don’t have to struggle with changing the modes while performing your workouts. You get a battery life of up to 7 days.
Best Fitness Trackers in India (under 3000)
4. Mi Band 5The Mi Band 5 is currently one of the best fitness bands in India, in the medium price segment. It comes with a 1.1 inch full touch color AMOLED display that looks almost similar to the Mi Band 4, but supports Magnetic charging. The battery lasts up to 14 days on a single charge and when you use the continuous heart rate monitoring feature, you’ll get 1 to 2 days of power. Xiaomi has added the stress monitoring feature that comes with guided breathing exercises when it detects any increase in stress levels. The sleep monitoring feature is also pretty good with REM cycle tracking support. It also comes with dedicated women heath monitoring option that allows you to track menstrual cycles with ease. You can also change the watch faces that suit your styling. And, the Mi Band 5 is priced under Rs.2500, which is very reasonable considering its attractive features.
5. Honor Band 5The Honor Band 5 comes with premium build quality and looks amazing in terms of the design. It comes with a heart rate monitor, a very large screen (0.95” AMOLED color display) and SPO2 detector that monitors the oxygen levels in your blood. There is a home button on the screen that controls all the features on the band without using your Smartphone.
You can also track various swimming activities like major strokes, speed, number of turns, distance, calories burned and the average SWOLF.
6. Amazfit CorA budget fitness tracking companion that combines durability and minimalistic design. It comes with 1.23 inch curved IPS colord LCD touchscreen with Gorilla Glass 3 protection and anti-fingerprint coating. You can track daily activities like steps, distance, calories, heart rate, sleep quality and also track your different workouts like treadmill, cycling and elliptical cross trainer too. You can change the watch faces, read sms and other app notifications on the band itself. It is water resistant up to 50 meters and gives you a battery life of up to 12 days on normal usage.
7. Huawei Band 3 ProIf you’re looking for a fitness band with colorful display and built-in GPS under the budget, then the Band 3 Pro is just for you. It looks stylish with awesome tracking options like calorie, distance, sleep, heart rate etc… On continuous heart rate monitoring, the battery lasts for 2-3 days, but without it the band lasts for nearly 6-7 days. It comes with internal storage so that you don’t have to carry your phone to listen to the songs.
8. Honor Band 4The Band 4 comes with large vertical AMOLED color display with touch support and home button control. It has amazing features like the TruSleep, Heart rate monitoring, activity tracking, Swimming etc… Supports various exercises types – both outdoor & indoor run, walking, cycling, pool swim & training. The tracker is water resistant up to 50 meters. The battery lasts for up to 17 days on standby and on heavy usage, you get up to 6 days.
9. Mi Band 4Xiaomi was one of the main reasons for the rising popularity of activity trackers in India. They started the trend with Mi Band (1st in their series) which comes with just LED indicators and without any display. They have upon improved the design and added more features to their next versions – Mi Band 2, Mi Band 3, Mi Band HRX and now the Mi Band 4. The Mi fitness band comes with almost similar design like its younger siblings with a more classy curved look from all the angles. The Mi Smart Band 4 sports a larger AMOLED color display with full touch support and adjustable brightness settings. You can also change watch faces from your gallery. The band supports smart notifications from your mobile such as SMS, social media notifications, caller ID. You also have the option to silence or reject calls from the band itself. It is able to track all your activities and comes with advanced features like 24/7 automatic heart rate monitoring that alerts you when your heart rate is high. There is also a sleep tracker that monitors your REM sleep cycles with most perfection.
The band comes with music control option to change the song, increase/decrease the volume without touching your mobile.
10. Samsung Galaxy Fit e Smart BandSamsung products are usually a bit costlier, especially if you wanted better specifications. But, the Galaxy e Fit is a budget friendly fitness band under Rs.3000 with amazing features and build quality. It was actually launched to counter the increasing popularity of Xiaomi fitness bands and they’ve succeeded to a little extent. The looks resemble most other activity trackers in its category. The strap is lightweight and comfortable. It also suits women. The display offers good viewing angles and is clearly visible under the sunlight. You can tap on the screen to navigate between the menus. There is a heart rate sensor that provides upto 95% accurate data and can be considered for casual fitness needs. The built-in accelorometer provides very accurate step tracking as well as perfect raise to wake feature. You can use the Samsung Health app on your Smartphone to manage the options of your band. The app is available for both iPhone and Android devices.
11. GoQii Run GPSGoQii has been in the game mainly for their customized subscription based coaching options along with decent activity tracking. The GoQii smart band comes with an integrated GPS tracker that lets you track your activities like run, walk, cycle etc.. in real time with higher accuracy. The band is made of good quality material and is lightweight too. You can monitor your heart rate and sleep patterns accurately using the tracker. There is no need for a separate charger as the fit band comes with a USB integrated charger. Just connect it to any USB port of laptop or mobile charger. The built-in charger lasts for about 7 days on normal usage and up to 8 hours with GPS enabled. You can also go for GoQii Vital ECG, which comes with an ECG monitor at a similar price range.
Best Fitness Bands in India (under 2000)
12. Honor Band 5iHonor Band 5 is already one of the best selling fitness trackers in India at this budget. When comparing the Honor Band 5 with Band 5i, the later comes with almost same specifications but without NFC and less battery life. The Honor Smart band sports a 0.96 inch TFT full touchscreen display with adjustable brightness and home button control. You can customize the watch faces as per your mood. It has TruSleep scientific sleep monitoring, TruuSeen heart rate monitoring and multiple sports modes support. The band is also water resistant up to 50 meters. The battery lasts for 7 days on single charge without continuous HR monitoring.
13. GOQii Vital 3.0GOQii, India’s largest preventive healthcare service has launched a new Smart activity tracker with loads of new features. The Vital tracks your Blood pressure, heart rate, calories, exercise log, active hours, sleep patterns and many more… It sports a vertical OLED color display. The USB charger is integrated into the band strap and hence you don’t need a separate charger. Just connect it to the power source (USB port) of your laptop, power bank or mobile charger. It gives you 7 days of battery life and is waterproof & swim friendly too. You can connect it wirelessly to both iOS and Android smartphones using Bluetooth. Additionally, you’ll also get a personal coach and doctor for the subscription period.
14. Redmi Smart BandRedmi, the sister brand of Xiaomi has recently launched their first activity tracker ‘Redmi Smart Band‘ in India. It has witnessed amazing response mainly because of the large display when compared with other fitness bands in its price segment. The Redmi Band sports 1.08″ full touch color display with adjustable brightness option. The battery lasts for up to 14 days on a single charge and it comes with built-in USB charging port so you don’t have the trouble of searching for or carrying the dedicated charger all the time. The Redmi Smart band also supports more than 50+ watch faces and tracks up to 5 sports modes, which include outdoor running, treadmill running, cycling, walking and freestyle exercise. The band weighs just 13 grams and supports both iOS and Android OS.
15. Mi Band 3The Mi Band 3 comes with almost similar looks, but has a touch-sensitive 3D curved glass and a touch capacitive button at the bottom. Unlike the previous variants, this new band comes with an option to change watch faces. You can track all your daily activities, heart rate, sleep monitoring etc… The band gives you a battery life of up to 25 to 30 days on standby and 10 to 15 days with regular tracking and app alerts. However, if you continuously use the heart rate monitor, then it will last for 1 to 2 days, which is fair. The charging time is just 1 hour.
16. Realme BandRealme, another popular Xiaomi alternative Smartphone maker has recently launched their first Smart band in India. It was very aggressively priced at around Rs.1500 and stands as the top competitor to the Mi Band 3 and Honor Band 5i devices. The Realme band comes with a 0.96 inch large vertical color display with touch button for easy navigation between the menus. It comes with the ability to track up to 9 sports modes that include walking, running, cricket, yoga etc… You can also set up the ‘Realme Link‘ app to display the mobile notifications like incoming calls, SMS, WhatsApp, Gmail, Instagram etc… right on your wrist. The band also comes with the support for choosing your favorite dial face using the mobile app. The fitness band once charged will last up to 10 days with occasional usage of heart rate monitor. However, with continuous real-time HR monitoring feature, you’ll be getting anywhere between 1 to 2 days of battery life. The realme band comes with in-built charging port that can be directly plugged into a USB port to charge the device.
17. Noise ColorFit 2The ColorFit 2 from the brand ‘Noise’ is currently one of the most talkative fitness bands for women. It comes with a vertical color display and premium finishing strap. It also displays notifications on the band for incoming calls, SMS, social media apps etc… It can track your steps, calories, heart rate, sleep and 14 different sports activities. The main USP of this tracker is the ability to track menstrual cycle of women users. The band comes with a large 90mAh Polymer Li-ion battery that lasts up to 5 days on a single charge. The band comes with a built-in USB port that can be used to charge the device from any PC USB port or charger.
18. Honor Band 3The fitness activity tracker from Honor is one of the most accurate smart bands available in India, that too at an affordable price bracket. It comes with advanced sleep tracking technology (TruSleep) that tracks light, deep and REM sleeps along with occasional wakeups in the middle of the night. The Smart alarm helps you wake up without disturbing your loved ones (especially children). You also have the caller ID and call rejection features. The optical heart rate monitoring technology is very accurate in counting your heart beat. You can also use it to continuously monitor your pulse. When you link the band with your Smartphone’s GPS, it will track your running routes and even provides detailed analysis of your run. More importantly, you don’t have to worry about water spills as the band is water resistant up to 50 meters. On a single charge, you get up to 30 days of battery life.
19. Fastrack Reflex 2.0The Fastrack Reflex Smart band comes with a OLED display and can track your steps, distance, calories, flight of stairs and even your workout minutes. It also has sleep monitoring, vibration alarm and sedentary reminder features. The band supports Call & SMS alerts from both Android & iOS devices, when connected. The band is water-resistant too. It needs 60 minutes to get fully charged and gives up to 4 days of battery life.
Best Smart Bands in India (under 1500)
20. Mi Band HRXIt’s the same Mi Band 2 fitness tracker but without the heart rate monitor. This Smartband is a budget variant of the Mi Band 2, which is manufactured by Xiaomi in partnership with HRX brand (Hrithik Roshan’s) in India. It can track the steps, distance, calories, sleep hours and is also water resistant. It also shows mobile notifications (call & app alerts) on the band’s display. You get a battery life of around 23 days on a single charge. The band weighs just 9 g and comes with Bluetooth connectivity option.
How to Choose the Best Fitness Band in India?Whether you’re planning to purchase the fitness band or activity tracker from online or offline stores, there are some features you should consider before making a purchase.
1. Style or Form FactorThe first thing anyone notices when you wear a Smart band is the looks. Most popular brands offer premium look and feel.
You can get the wearables in different forms – clip-ons, bracelets or watches.
2. Activity TrackingThe main purpose of a fitness band is to track your daily activities like steps, distance, calories, sleep etc… Almost all the activity trackers calculate your basic activities like walking, running and sleep.
i. Steps TrackingUsing the built-in pedometer or accelerometer, a fitness band tracks your steps with 90 to 95% perfection.
The accuracy also depends on the brand and the sensors they use in the tracker.
ii. Calorie TrackingCalorie counting is pretty easy when your steps are accurately tracked. The band displays the number of calories you’ve consumed by measuring the steps taken or stairs climbed on any particular day. Some advanced trackers come with special algorithms to analyze your current bodyweight and provide suggestions for better health improvement.
iii. Sleep TrackingMost smart trackers are also able to track or monitor your sleep routine using a 3-axis accelerometer to sense any movements during the night time. It also displays statistics like how much time you’ve slept, deep sleep and light sleep etc…
iv. Heart Rate MonitoringA decently priced fitness band usually comes with a heart rate sensor and it helps in monitoring your heart rate during activities or workouts. It is very beneficial for those who’re trying to lose weight or improve their workout performance, especially the athletes or bodybuilding enthusiasts.
3. Advanced Fitness Tracking FeaturesThere are some popular fitness tracker brands like Fitbit, Garmin, Amazfit that offer advanced features to improve the accuracy of tracking.
i. Built-in GPSSome fitness bands with built-in GPS, though expensive than the regular ones, will track your steps and distance more accurately. It can even track your speed, number of laps taken and exact location using the Global positioning system.
GPS is very beneficial for those who prefer running outside, especially the athletes or fitness enthusiasts.
ii. Blood Pressure MonitorIf you’re suffering with low/high blood pressure issues, then the ideal solution is to track your BP at regular intervals and make changes in your food accordingly. Luckily, there are some advanced activity trackers that can monitor your blood pressure directly from your wrist without having to carry separate BP monitors that are bulky. You can check your results either on your Smartphone or laptop. Some bands also send your data to the doctors (connected) for further analysis.
4. Swimproof or Water ResistantWhile most basic fitness trackers are water-resistant (sweatproof or splash proof), there are some popular brands that also support wearing those bands for swimming or while taking a shower. See the specs carefully if you want swim-ready smart bands.
5. Mobile App SupportAlmost all the fitness tracker bands come with the support to be synced with your Smartphone via the dedicated mobile application. You can view all your stats like steps, calories, sleep, heart rate etc…daily, weekly, monthly or yearly using the mobile app.
6. Usage TypeIf you’re an athlete or sportsperson, then you should definitely consider buying the fitness band from popular brands like Fitbit or Garmin as they provide a more accurate tracking using the built-in GPS and other advanced sensors. And, if you’re a regular gym goer or occasional jogger, the basic smart bands are more than enough for your needs. So, spend wisely based on your usage type.
7. Smartphone CompatibilityAs we’ve mentioned earlier, all the trackers support Bluetooth connectivity for connecting to your Smartphone wirelessly. Most popular brands support both Android and iOS mobiles. So, you don’t have to worry much about the compatibility issues. Some bands can also be synced with 3rd party fitness apps for additional analysis. Read the specs carefully.
8. Battery LifeActivity trackers are usually designed for prolonged wear and so the battery life plays a crucial role. Most trackers come with Li-ion batteries that lasts for a minimum of 5 days to 30 days, depending on your usage and lifestyle. If you use the basic features like calorie tracking, then the band will last very long. But, if you regularly use the HR monitor or GPS, then the battery will last for only a couple of days.
You can charge these bands by connecting to a USB port on the laptops or charger or power banks.