Shares fall every Monday at 7:00 AM PST, Wednesday and Friday at 6:00 AM PST, so subscribe to us Apple Podcasts, Cloudy, Spotify and all casts.
Hello and welcome back to Equity, a podcast about the business of startups, where we unpack the numbers and nuance behind the headlines.
This is our Monday show, our short jaunt into the week. Yes, it’s Monday again. No, you can’t stay in bed. Things are already happening!
- Take-Two to Buy Zynga: In a cash and stock deal worth approximately $12.7 billion (enterprise value), the transaction has thrilled Zynga’s shareholders and disappointed Take-Two’s shareholders.
- Paytm takes pictures, while other IPOs slim down in 2021.
- The macro environment in which startups exist is about to change for the first time, from a monetary perspective.
- Pine Labs wants to go public in the United States, venture capital data in China looks pretty good, Assent Compliance has made a huge round, and Arive is apparently a thing.
- All that and we’re getting ready for the earnings season, so stay hyped as there’s a lot of data coming in at short notice.
Welcome to the week! The Equity team is now all the way back from vacation and we are ready to rock this year. Let’s kick the ass!