Besides tracking your steps, calories etc… the Honor Band 5 also helps track your sleep pattern and is pretty good at it too.
It records everything automatically while you sleep wearing the Honor Band on your wrist and provides you the stats when you wake up the next day.
However, some users are complaining that sleep tracking is not working on their Honor Band 5 and Honor Band 4 devices.
This sleep tracking issue has been found in Honor Band 3, 4 and 5 as well.
[Best Fixes] Honor Band Sleep Tracking Not Working
If you’re facing this sleep tracking issue, please follow the below steps to let your Honor Band sync your sleep data with the app.
1.Restart Your Devices
The first thing you should do when you encounter any such issues is to immediately reboot both your mobile phone and your band.
Here is what you need to do in order to shut down and restart your Honor Band (works for all Huawei models).
- Tap on the screen to activate it.
- Swipe up until you see ‘More’ and then tap it.
- In the follow-up options, tap ‘System’.
- And, then tap on ‘Restart’.
That’s it! Your Smartband is now restarted. Also, reboot your Smartphone and now see if the issue is fixed or not.
2.Enable TruSleep Option
TruSleep function in the Honor devices provides advanced (extensive) information about your sleep patterns.
However, since this feature consumes more battery power, most people will not enable it.
Now that you’re not able to see your sleep data on the app, it is recommended to toggle the switch for TruSleep.
- Launch the Huawei Health app on your mobile.
- Tap on ‘Devices‘ menu at the bottom.
- Choose your band and tap on ‘Huawei TruSleep‘.
- Toggle ‘ON‘ if it is ‘OFF’. Even it is turned ON, just toggle it Off and then enable it again.
3.Turn Your Mobile’s Bluetooth Off/On
Since the Bluetooth connection is required to sync the data between your devices, try turning it off on your Smartphone and again enable it.
This probably fixes the syncing issues inmost cases.
4.Update the App/Firmware (if available)
The brands usually fix such issues (bugs) and release an update (firmware) on the PlayStore and App Store for you to download for free.
Go to the Store and look if there is any update for the ‘Huawei Health‘ app.
Tap on ‘Update‘ if it is available.
Once done, restart your mobile and smart band as well. The sleep data will not start syncing with the app.
5.Uninstall & Reinstall the App
In case if you find no updates to the Huawei Health app, then simply uninstall the app and again install it.
6.Clear Cache and Data on Your Mobile
Sometimes, clearing the cache memory and data on your Android mobile will also fix the issues.
- Go to ‘Settings‘ > ‘Apps‘
- Tap on ‘Installed Apps‘ and Choose ‘Huawei Health‘ app from the list.
- Tap on ‘Storage‘ and Click ‘Clear Cache‘, followed by ‘Clear Data‘ options.
7.Reset the Honor Band
If nothing seems to be working, the last option would be to do a quick reset of your band.
How to Reset Honor Band without App?
- Touch the band to activate the menu.
- Swipe down until you find ‘More‘ and tap it.
- Check for the option named ‘System‘ and tap it.
- Then, choose ‘Reset‘ and tap on ‘Confirm‘.
That’s it! Your Honor Band will now be reset to the basic settings.
How to Reset Honor Band using Mobile App?
If you don’t find it easy to reset your Band from the tracker itself, then you can follow these steps on your mobile.
- Open ‘Huawei Health‘ app on your phone.
- Tap on ‘Devices‘ menu at the bottom and select your band from the list (if you have more than 1 band).
- Now, tap on ‘Unpair‘ option.
Now, you can pair it again and check if the sleep tracking issue is solved or not.
In most cases, these fixes will solve the sleep tracking not working issue on Honor Band 3/4/5 models.
Please share your findings, whether these fixes worked or not in the comment section so that we can come up with more ideas.