Looking for the best budget fitness band in India, then you should definitely check out the Xiaomi activity trackers that are both feature-rich and pocket friendly.
The latest addition to the Xiaomi family is the new Mi Band 3, an upgrade to their already popular Mi Band 2 fitness band.
I’ve got my hands on the latest Mi Band 3 fitness tracker and am really impressed with its tracking abilities and build quality.
So, in this article, I’ll be discussing all the important things that I liked and disliked about the Mi Band 3 tracker.
Xiaomi Mi Band 3 Review India
Let me first divide the review into 4 parts – Looks, Features, Affordability and Cons.
Appearance wise, the Mi Band 3 looks similar to the Mi Band 2, but the flat display is replaced with a touch-sensitive 3D curved glass (0.78 inch) and a slight depression at the bottom that acts as a touch capacitive button.
You also have the option to change the watch faces.
Lifting up your hand enables you to see the watch face. Swipe up to access the status section that can be scrolled by sideways swiping.
In the status section, you can see your activities like steps you’ve taken, calories you’ve burnt, battery status etc…
Swiping up once again enables you to another screen with unread notifications.
Unlike the Mi band 2 that let only notified you of incoming messages, the Mi Band 3 also lets you read those messages on the band itself.
Besides tracking the activities, steps, calories, distance etc…, the Mi Band 3 also comes with a heart rate scanner that is giving proper readings unlike the Mi Band 2.
You can also setup continuous heart rate monitoring and let the band track different workouts, sleep etc… in real-time.
What Else Can You Use it For?
- You can use the Smartband as a stopwatch.
- You can silence your mobile or even give a ring when you can’t find it.
- You can accept or reject incoming calls.
- You can be notified of all the app alerts and event reminders on the tracker itself.
- You can monitor the amount of sleep and see whether you’re having a quality or bad sleep.
The biggest advantage of Xiaomi products is their battery life. Yes, just like the Mi Band and Mi Band 2, the Mi Band 3 also comes with a long battery life of up to 25 to 30 days when you don’t use the heart rate monitor and constant app alerts.
With just fitness tracking and app alerts, it lasted for 10 to 15 days.
However, with continuous heart rate monitoring enabled, the Mi Band 3 battery lasted just for 1 to 2 days max.
So, it all depends on your personal usage requirements.
The charging time isn’t that long too. Just charge it for an hour and you’re good to go.
Mi Band 3 Pros:
This is an upgrade to the Mi Band 2 and when you compare the Mi Band 3 with the older variant, there are some added features as well.
- Heart rate monitor is almost accurate, unlike in the Mi Band 2.
- Sleep tracking is errorless with vibrating alarm.
- Watch faces is an added feature with full touch screen support.
- Accept/Reject/silence incoming calls
- Read/dismiss messages on the band itself
- Larger display unit
- Weather forecast, event reminder alarms
- Phone locator
- Unlocks your phone without a password or fingerprint
- Water resistant up to 50 meters
- Up to 20 days of battery life
- Upgraded, feature-rich Mi Fit app
Mi Band 3 Cons:
Although everything is good about the Mi Band 3, there are a still a few cons that need to be addressed, just in case.
- Step tracking isn’t that accurate. It sometimes give a few miscounted steps. Not a deal breaker for the price but it is what Xiaomi should definitely look into while providing the next firmware update.
Xiaomi Mi Band 3 Pricing & Availability in India
The Mi Band 3 is available in 3 strap colors and is comfortable to wear for longer periods without any discomfort as it is very lightweight and you won’t even notice it.
The Mi Band 3 smartband is priced at Rs.1999 and is available exclusively on Amazon.in and Mi.com